Friday, December 12, 2008

Spiralling downwards

This occurred with an acquaintance a couple of weeks back, and shows the true form of “jis ki lathi, uss ki bhens!”(the cow belongs to whoever has the stick). Here’s how he puts the entire event in his own words:
“I was driving back home when a car came 2 a sudden halt in front of me near the commercial area. The guy stood there 4about a minute not being able to decide where to go. I simply honked at him couple of times….guess that’s what annoyed him. He followed me and while I was entering my home, he came n slightly bumped my car from behind which sent me in a fit of rage. I followed him n blocked his car a few 100 yards from my house and got out of the car to bash him up or give him a few slaps, the next thing I know he fired three shots at me one of which pierced my knee n put me through an agonizing ordeal to recover from”
Guess nowadays, you can’t even correct anyone…..
This reminded me of a similar incident that happened with me earlier this year. I was going to pick up my son from his school with my wife. The person ahead of me, in a vehicle that had government number plate was crawling at slow speed blocking the road up ahead. I honked the horn to which he moved a little giving me space to squeeze by him. After a minute, I noticed he was speeding up behind me, honking his horn, making me wonder what the hell is wrong with this asshole. When I gave him way to over take my car, he slowed down next to me and asked me “Why were you honking your horn at me?” The question took me by surprise and I replied, “Cuz you were blocking the way”.
At that point he picked up a gun and pointed it to my face and told me there was a pothole on the road that’s why he had to slow down. The exact thought going thru my mind was “How the fuck was I supposed to see what was in front of your car, you asshole” but thankfully the barrel of the gun staring down at me made me keep my mouth shut. Then he told me if I ever do that again, he’s going to shoot me (WTF!!) and drove away.
What is happening to us? Have we really forgotten that one day we have to answer for whatever we do in this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment